29th November, Little Hull/Hunt

29th November, Little Hull/Hunt

Home Forums Log Book 29th November, Little Hull/Hunt

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    rob
    Participant

The plan: Alex, Chris Sh and Rob rigged Little Hull pot while Dan, Don and Carol rigged Hunt pot before exchanging.
    Firstly, we had to find LH pot. We thought we had with the aid of Sue’s smartphone but it ended up being Little Hull cave! It was only after I went through a tight duck that this was affirmed. Anyway, a quick exit and the correct pot was located. Rigging under the in-situ ropes, we quickly reached the bottom of the 3rd pitch. From here there is a little climb up before a crawl/stoop to the reasonably impressive sump where we took a few pictures before heading out. Little Hull pot is a fine trip with a great 2nd pitch and a bit of crawling plus good SRT practice.
    Heading across to Hunt pot, it was a cool but beautiful afternoon with a fabulous view of Penyghent. As we approached Hunt pot we met the others. Apparently Carol had hurt her back whilst ascending so decided to give LH a miss. Dan and Don decided to descend as far as the bottom of the 2nd pitch, to de-rig and then head back.
    We quickly descended the very impressive open shaft of Hunt pot whilst Sue took a load of photos. It’s a very quick drop down the 2 pitches which Don/Dan had rigged with one 80 metre rope but it’s also cold and draughty so we had a quick mooch about before scarpering. Once we had de-rigged, I had a quick look in Shrapnel but I was not inspired to return in a hurry!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login