Ease gill, Lanc to Wretched rab – Sun 26th Feb

Ease gill, Lanc to Wretched rab – Sun 26th Feb

Home Forums Log Book Ease gill, Lanc to Wretched rab – Sun 26th Feb

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Xandar

Just me and John it attendance. It had chucked it down the previous day and was due to chuck it down again today.
    We had originally planned to do a pull through of Simpsons, but the weather forecast was for too much rain, so we decided against that one.

So Easegill somewhere? We decided to do the high level route. Our first problem was that the rope did not reach the bottom, though thankfully I had taken the rope out of the bag so I noticed it when I was only halfway down. I made a quick re-rig (removed the Y-hang) and got to the bottom.

We then got on with the traverse was fun and we enjoyed ourselves jumping from rock to rock trying to not fall down any of the deep holes. Eventually towards the end of the traverse we dropped down to the main stream and found it to be … 9 inch. Oh well we could have done the main stream.

We exited Wretched after about 4 hours underground, into absolute pouring rain. It had been a dry trip until then, far too wet to be outside. If it was not for call out time, I think we would have chosen to go back by the underground route. I also found my new oversuit is not rain proof!. Definitely one for Spain and not the UK.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login