Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Dazofcaving
    Participant

Attending:

Team A: Dazofcaving, Dantheman
    Team B: Alex R, Don, Special Guest Andy Farrow

Weather: Wet, wet and rainy

Todays plan was to get Meregill rigged however as ever the weather had other plans so we went with plan B, Notts pot. After an Inglesport breakfast we made our way to the bottom of leck fell lane for car and rigging faf, except me as I didnt get the message and went straight up to the fell.

Once faffed we sorted the teams and decided on Team B doing the De Profundis route to Left hand route and Team A vice verse.

The left hand route rigged away from the water is excellent, some exciting swings and views with some good situations in a splashy bit of cave, Dan rigged and we made our way to the bottom with no problems whatsoever :yahoo:

We eventually reached the bottom in good time and tried to find the others but they were nowhere to be seen despite the fact we clearly heard them moments earlier so where were they. Exploring the stream-way to the next pitch (which was wet) and then back to the pitch just as the other appeared successfully.

Don liked the De Profundis route so much he wanted to see it on the way out, and I agree its awesome. The De Profundis chamber is excellent and such a change the rest of the cave, the way there Don decided to be funny in the crawl and sent me down a tight section for laughs :negative:. The way out consisted of some excellent pitches and a muddy slippy pitch head which after the muddy crawl is quite a challenge to get up and resulted in a bit of swearing.

The next pitch was my crux of the cave, getting the top I though it would easier to traverse over using the insitu hand line (bad idea), I got over and clipped in fine but failed to realise how slippy it was sending my crashing below and dangling 25m above a pitch on handline (scary). Having used up a life I finally got up and carried on out.

The way out was uneventful (aside from the above), and we made it to a still moist surface

Well, an excellent trip and I really want to go back and do the centre route and BT in the next dry time (whenever that will be)

We finished the day in the pub (I can’t remember which one)

Dazofcaving

P.S. Thanks to Andy for the permit :yahoo:

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login