Simpsons 28 Jan '17

Simpsons 28 Jan '17

Home Forums Log Book Simpsons 28 Jan '17

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Chris Sharman

Me, Mike, Chris K, Don
    The original plan was to do both Simpsons & Swinsto.
    After breakfast, we parked up at Braida Garth and got changed.
    This week I’d remembered all my caving gear :yahoo: but not my trousers or boxers :negative:
    Up the hill, and Mike & Don explored a little hole right next to the Turbary Road, maybe 20-30m the other side of the wall from Simpsons. No idea what it was.
    After they’d poked around that, we headed over to Simpsons, which we found without too much difficulty.
    We free climbed the first few cascades, and were fairly quickly at the duck.
    Continued on down, fairly uneventful, until Don decided to free climb fall one of the pitches (Shuffle/Lake?), with some bruising to his dignity.
    The Slit was easily passed by all, although Slit Pot and the Cascade pitch were quite wet.
    Water levels seemed more or less normal in the master cave.
    A brief discussion in the roof tunnel found a consensus for the Marton Arms for the next stop, so Swinsto was skipped (possibly wise given the weather).

Don
    Participant

The small hole Mike and I explored is called Broken Spring Pot.

Xandar

I always wondered about trying to free-climb that pitch but thought better of it.

Dazofcaving
    Participant

:good:

Scaife
    Participant

I’ve been in Broken Spring Pot. I thought I was with Sharman, but maybe not.

skyrmy
    Participant

I’ve been in Broken Spring Pot. I thought I was with Sharman, but maybe not.

Did you get to the end?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login