The epic rigging of Mere-gill Part 1

The epic rigging of Mere-gill Part 1

Home Forums Log Book The epic rigging of Mere-gill Part 1

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Dazofcaving
    Participant

Date: Thursday evening 14/07/2016

Attending: Me (Dazofcaving), Alex R, Andy F, Belgium cavers

The weather had not been paying ball recently so me and Alex decided to take the initiative and do an evening rigging attempt, firstly a thanks for Andy F and the visiting Belgium’s for your help.

Both me and Alex arrived late so Andy et al heading up to cave with the rope and stuff, pretty soon we arrived at the cave and quickly realised the mere would be full, once we all got through the narrow entrance squeeze Alex went ahead to rig unfortunately I had brought the wrong bag through slowing things down, i quickly realised this was not going to be as simple as we first thought…

We managed to rig down to the middle of the second before various issues with time constraints, wetness, tiredness and me feeling ill forced a retreat.

Eventually we all got back the car, at least we had rigged half way down the second and the ropes were in the cave I made plans to come back Saturday and get this done…

To Be continued…

Xandar

Just noticed this, rigged half way down the second is in-correct I got to the start of the main hang of the 3rd pitch.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login