The epic rigging of Mere-gill Part 2

The epic rigging of Mere-gill Part 2

Home Forums Log Book The epic rigging of Mere-gill Part 2

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Dazofcaving
    Participant

Date: Saturday 16th July 2016
    Weather: Sunny and bright on the surface, underground:Wet, Wetter than Thursday

Attending: Dazofcaving, Dan, Chris

Well attempt 2 came, we met in Inglesport at 10.00 and had a breakfast where Chris informed us it had rained 15-17mm the night before (oh dear).

Off we went to cave, which amazingly was wetter than Thursday and the entrance deviation doing sweet FA to keep things dry. We quickly made it to the end of where Alex rigged to and Chris took the rigging charge with me doing the carrying and Dan checking the rigging and having his input, everything went swimmingly (quite literally in some parts) till the forth pitch which was wet, Chris looked over but didn’t fancy it so called it a day.

Dan came down to join us and had a go getting to the wetest bit and declaring it was wet but ok, i followed him down and managed to get stuck under a waterfall which was rather grim. Chris helped be get back up and Dan came back to see what the trouble was, with the wetness we decided to call it a day and head out.

So once back the surface we discussed the next move, a couple of sections need adjusting and we’ve rigged half way down the third.

One more attempt in better weather and its done

Dazofcaving :good:

Cavedan
    Participant

We’ve rigged half way down the fourth!

Xandar

Lol, its like we are rigging a km deep cave or something! Well if dry enough I am ready to finish during the week or this weekend. By the way was there enough metal work? Was there more in one of the bags?

Scaife
    Participant

I know a week ahead is difficult to forecast accurately, but Saturday looks dry. If that’s the case let’s do it!

Xandar

Am up for it, don’t want to do a too difficult trip just before Berger.

Dazofcaving
    Participant

Am game for endinformation this if weather is good Saturday :good:

We could do with some photos being taken aswell.

We have enought metalwork in the cave :-)

Daz

Cavedan
    Participant

Only enough metal work as Mr sharman donated 10 maillons and daz bought another 5. God knows what happened to the 50 maillons that you allegedly originally took there Alex!

Xandar

Daz dropped them on the path on the way up? Or they fell off me while rigging… as they really do undo them selves. (Me and scaif noticed that).

Dazofcaving
    Participant

I highly doubt 10+ mailons fell off on the path :wacko: My pantin disappeared on the day aswell :scratch: There is now more than enough stuff in the cave to finish anyway :good:

Daz :good:

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login