As the title says this cave is not waterproof, if white-scar is re-surging then this cave will probably not be passable.
It was okay down the first 4 pitches, drippy and a hell of a draft making it cold after fighting the rain and hail on the hill. Upon reaching the 5th pitch we understood where the draft was coming from, a large waterfall had formed in Penguin hall, thankfully on the other-side, so we were able to descend that pitch, though got wet. The water from that fall all sunk between the boulders as did another stream coming out the crawl on the way on. Could be a large passage below here, might be worth digging? Anyway the passage beyond was impassible, water was pissing in from everywhere and one would have to hold your breath to descend the hole, according to Don who was the only one who passed the waterfall blocking the crawl. Quite where you are meant to build this damn I have no idea as water came in from the roof in many places and other places. So we could not even get to the next pitch and were stopped at the 3 and a half meter climb down.
On the surface the other hole had a large waterfall in it, which I guess is where all this water was coming from.
So don’t go down there in if really bad weather coming in otherwise you might not get out.
Was a quick trip we were out by half one and Scaife you certainly would have gotten home in-time provided the road were passable that is. P.s. the weather was even worse on the way down, with hail blowing into our faces. Ski googles would have been recommended.