Dowbergill Passage and Caseker Gill extensions in Dow Cave, 12/9/20

Dowbergill Passage and Caseker Gill extensions in Dow Cave, 12/9/20

Home Forums Log Book Dowbergill Passage and Caseker Gill extensions in Dow Cave, 12/9/20

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Scaife
    Participant

Chris Scaife, Don Miller, Chriss Shaman

First we did Dowbergill Passage from Providence to Dow. A great trip, always enjoyable and varied, but I’ll not bother writing much about it – we’ve all done that trip a few times now. I think today was my fourth time, but I’d happily go back again and again; Don and Shaman seem to have lost count of how many times they’ve been there.

After popping out into Dow Cave, we turned right and I went to the Caseker Gill extensions with Don, while Shaman had his afternoon nap.

After passing an old sign warning us of EXTREME DANGER we were soon into Hobson’s Choice boulder choke, which didn’t seem loose at all and route finding in the choke was as easy as choosing a horse from a stable that has only one horse to choose from. We were soon into bigness, decorated chambers and spacious stream passage. After a couple of climbs up fixed ropes and one up the side of a waterfall, we reached the second choke where we both prodded around a bit, then thought we should go back and wake Shaman. A marvellous trip; I love those extensions.

Chris Sharman

a very refreshing nap it was too – though possibly not as refreshing as the Caseker Gill streamway.
    Does seem like I’ve got porkier since France – too much eating out and not enough exercise.
    The Dow end of the through trip seemed quite tight and strenuous.

Don
    Participant

I really enjoyed this trip. In spite of the fact that there were only a couple of small route finding issues, the trip somehow managed to take around five hours. I don’t see how anyone could possibly get bored doing this trip. Next time I’d like to do it from Dow to Providence. I imagine it would almost be like doing a new cave.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login