Coniston Copper Mines, 13/11/21

Coniston Copper Mines, 13/11/21

Home Forums Log Book Coniston Copper Mines, 13/11/21

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Scaife
    Participant

Vampires in the realm of the werewolves: Chris Scaife, Alex Ritchie

The water levels were high in the Dales, and Xander the blushing groom-to-be was staying at the YMC (ey) near Coniston, so we decided to eschew the natural underground world and spend our Saturday wandering around an old mine.

We pootled down every conceivable passage in the lower level, finding some strange sights. At one point I roped up to cross a horrifyingly hollow floor, but it was a road to nowhere.

We had a rope with us, but there was nothing to rig off for the many holes in the floor. There were some through bolts without hangers, but that’s no good if you don’t bring hangers.

I was first up the in situ rope, and when I sat at the top I heard a cacophony of frustration from my plucky companion below. He had left his light on full beam and was now nearly out of juice. No more looking down side passages for us then; up the ziggurat, lickety split.

We carried on up the ropes to the top, wondering if the miners ever foresaw that their workplace would one day become a playground for people like us. Back in The World beside Levers Water, we had a quick look down the other nearby holes, then followed the track back to the YMC, ey. Alex says it’s fun to stay there.

Xandar

All the bolts (not on the main route) seem to be throgh bolts missinv the nuts making them useful and wobbled a lot

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login