Gusset & Goyden pot 31/10/2015

Gusset & Goyden pot 31/10/2015

Home Forums Log Book Gusset & Goyden pot 31/10/2015

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Xandar

Chris Shaman, Alex and numerous Black sheep diggers including Chris Fox & Nick Bairshaw

The first part of the trip was a very quick trip down Guesset pot, a heavily engineered cave to collect digging trays and other stuff from a dig to help dig out the open lead, a drained sump below Crater chamber in Goyden.

At Goyden we found that water levels were high like mine and Chriss’s last visit, it was flowing rather strongly down the entrance. Despite this, it was a dry forecast and the water was 5m down at the res, so the cave was safe(ish) to enter. Good progress was made through the rapids and then the crawls to eventually take us to the short up pitch at Telegraph aven, where the only issue was had by me the bag refused to let go of the old scaling pole. Eager we pressed onwards through some surprisingly nice passage to the pitch down into Creator chamber only to find the open lead had once again sumped.

So while the rest surveyed (You don’t need 5 people to survey) 3 of us did a tourist trip (Me, Chris and a guy called Nick). First we did the normal round trip through the labyrinth, taking in the 20ft pitch and that rope climb over the sump pool before we returned to collect our SRT gear and other now un-needed digging gear to take back out of the cave.

On our way out we decided on another round trip so we then scaled the chain leading to Church pot and decided to do the very recently opened Turf round-trip. Digging gear dumped and SRT kits bagged we entered the dig, which involved as you imagine quite a bit of crawling some of it quite wet. It was not long before everything got big and entered into Goyden 2. We had a good mooch around before ascending Turf pitch (still rigged at the moment) and heading back around and down a slightly sketchy rope climb (True to form I bypassed it). After a pitch we dropped back down and was re-united with the digging stuff before exiting Goyden by the sporting Stream way, rather than carrying all the digging gear up Church.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login