In-out, in-out

In-out, in-out

Home Forums Log Book In-out, in-out

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Scaife
    Participant

Saturday 28th of May

I went up to GG with Mike on a warm, sunny day and, after a brief in-out debate, decided on Stream Passage to Flood Entrance. We were held up by a fairly large group going down Stream Passage, then showed some people the main chamber, before heading out Flood Entrance.

We then went down Corky’s Pot, one of my favourite GG routes, with its fantastic final pitch into Mud Hall, bottomed only 45 minutes after entering the cave. The real journey hadn’t yet started though.

At the foot of the big pitch in Bar Pot we could hear a lone voice above us, with no idea what she was saying. After a bit of shouting we ascertained that she wasn’t about to head down, so we quickly went up the rope and found someone we had assumed had been a part of the large group we had encountered in Stream Passage. In fact, she was on her own and had no idea how to get out from the top of this pitch.

We led her to the top of the greasy slab, which she only just managed to climb up with a great deal of flapping about. We assured her that we would be stronger together and that going out Small Mammal Pot made more sense for her than a Barexit, but she insisted that she had to go out Bar Pot; having been stuck there three years ago, she had demons to conquer and simply would not listen to reasoned debate.

Skyrmy and I kept our union strong and exited with aplomb, leaving the Barexit campaigner, presumably, to flap about aimlessly on her own, slowly declining in strength.

Scaife
    Participant

P.S.
    I should perhaps point out that there were two other people behind her at the foot of the Bar Pot entrance pitch, we really did try our very best to convince her to come with us (but she was stubborn as a mule) and before leaving we went and told several people in the BPC tent that there was someone struggling in Bar Pot.

skyrmy
    Participant

A fair rendition of the day’s events Dr Scaife. However you failed to mention our honourable donation to the BPC and their inhospitality to afford you a drink of water when in need.

Xandar

So they would not offer you any water? Having read this trip report I thought this was the women I rescued from the top of Bar pot I think 3 years ago by simply pulling her up, but I think it may be a different women from what you put on the other post? Maybe she was not.

But anyway this sounds like precisely why we should avoid these winch meets from now onwards, sort of glad I am missing most of Euro Spelo as I am away and will have to be catching up on my work that week. Also am kind of glad nothing much is happening in the area that UWFRA covers, but no doubt CRO will become overwhelmed by all the idiots about and call on UWFRA. I guess I best let my work know in advance!

skyrmy
    Participant

S
    But anyway this sounds like precisely why we should avoid these winch meets from now onwards

Should that not be an “I” rather than “we” Alex? Personally I found the day highly enjoyable apart from the hospitality displayed.

Xandar

No I meant “we” from what I read in the report, it sounds like it was a rubbish day. Stuck in ques, helping the enempt, and of course the inhospitality. Maybe you and Chris had different experiences.

Scaife
    Participant

It wasn’t a rubbish day; it was a good day with minor rubbish moments.

skyrmy
    Participant

It wasn’t a rubbish day; it was a good day with minor rubbish moments.

Thank you Chris

Don
    Participant

Why was it rubbish? Were people leaving trash in the cave?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login