Sell Gill Holes (18-5-19)

Sell Gill Holes (18-5-19)

Home Forums Log Book Sell Gill Holes (18-5-19)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Janet Kent
    Participant

Cavers; Janet, Chris Scaife, Carol, Chris Sharman.

The day started at the Humble Pie cafe in Askrigg for a breakfast of quiche, scones, coffee and cake, a quick visit to a loo in a garden shed and we were off to meet Sharman.

A quick and horribly hot walk up the hill found us kitting up while Sharman rigged the dry route in a lovely way for newbies, who needs a y hang anyway? I’m fairly sure the first pitch could be considered a grade 5… ok maybe I’m exaggerating a little but it gave me jelly legs!
    We quickly reached the bottom and made our way back out without a fuss.

Chris Scaife rigged the wet route. 12/10 for rigging Haha, this was a more interesting route and a bit of a challenge (for me). It saw me perched on a ledge at one point with Carol while Sharman demonstrated with such ease I’m sure he is part gecko.

Chris Scaife rescued a frog in his pocket, seeing as it’s become a bit of a habit, we have elected him head of the Amphibian Rescue Service England, ARSE for short.

Sharman made a quick exit as he had plans and the remaining trio followed, discussing other caves to do. We opted for a decent cave in Bainbridge called the Rose and Crown and had some well deserved food and a pint.
    We ended the trip with a brief stop in Leyburn to look for orchids.

Thank you all for your patience with my srt newness, what a lovely day!

Scaife
    Participant

Woohoo! Janet’s first trip report.

Chris Sharman

1st was a traverse/protection to a Y hang, pretty much as it’s shown on the topo? The first section isn’t really vertical enough to abseil/prusik.

Janet Kent
    Participant

I did say I might be exaggerating a little… 🙃

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login