Swinsto Hole (20 April 2019)

Swinsto Hole (20 April 2019)

Home Forums Log Book Swinsto Hole (20 April 2019)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Don
    Participant

Just a short trip report. I took a female friend down Swinsto this past weekend. She had never been in a cave before but did extremely well, particularly in terms of doing SRT. There was a lot more water in the stream than I had expected. I suspect that Swinsto doesn’t really dry up very much. Kingsdale itself was pretty busy. There was a group of 8 people who entered Swinsto shortly after us. Thankfully we only saw them on the surface, though we could hear them above us at the bottom of most of the pitches. The amount of people who were in Ingleton to do the Waterfall Walk was unbelievable. When I left Kingsdale around 3.30pm to drive back through Ingleton to go home, cars were lined up on both sides of the road from outside the church opposite the Marton Arms all the way into Ingleton itself. There were at least 200+ cars, both there and on the other main roads into/out of Ingleton.

Anyway, it was a fun trip. This marked the third time that I’ve taken a female down Swinsto who had never been caving before. Who will be the fourth…?
    :scratch:

skyrmy
    Participant

:rose: :rose: :rose: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login