Henslers Pot 11/07/2015

Henslers Pot 11/07/2015

Home Forums Log Book Henslers Pot 11/07/2015

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Xandar

A long trip where me and Don could not figure out why it took us so long? Was it the fact we had no water after Don dropped a bag down the pitch (that’s my trick Don!). Was it the fact we met Ian and waited for him to come through, nah that was only 10 minutes? Or was it we had 3 bags between 2 through awkward t-shaped crawl traverses and narrow passages. Was it the small rift section that forced back that other cave? I think the answer is yes to all.
    This was my log entry on BRCC so you don’t feel too bad:

It was a growling trip, nothing particularly hard but with so much gear it just kept going. The aforementioned tightest section was a bit of sideways thrutching before the second to last pitch, we tried dragging the ropes through this narrow passage but it got stuck and tangled. We found on the way out it was easier to just push or drag the bags through in-front of us on the way out. Going in it could be argued to go through this section feet first but not on the way out according to Don.

Time spent underground somehow 8 and a half hours, we did not even go anywhere when we got to the bottom we just went back out. Still have no idea what we were doing for so long, we barely stopped!

Don
    Participant

This would be a fun trip if all the pitches were rigged and it was possible to exit via one of the other entrances into Gaping Gill. Otherwise, there’s no way that I will ever do this trip again. It’s just too much hard work for very little reward. That being said, I’m glad that I can tick it off the list at least.

skyrmy
    Participant

Jeez 8.5hrs of incessant whittering??? :wacko:

Xandar

I think you are getting me confused with someone else!

Dazofcaving
    Participant

We had a great trip down Dihedral to the whitsun.

Lots easier this time :good:

Don
    Participant

Were you with MUSC?

Cavedan
    Participant

Enjoyed henslers when it was pre-rigged….imagine it’s a misery fest with 3 tackle bags between 2 though!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login