Total Warrior, Sat 22 June

Total Warrior, Sat 22 June

Home Forums Log Book Total Warrior, Sat 22 June

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Chris Sharman

Mike messaged me on the Thursday evening, inviting me to Total Warrior on the Saturday. I don’t normally do running, but apparently said yes. It must have had something to do with the fine ales (a dozen or so on draught and a well stocked fridge) at the House of Trembling Madness in York.

Met in Skipton for breakfast, then on to Total Warrior in Leeds, where Mike’s team of 8 was scheduled for a 13.20 start. An easy climb into the start gate, and then we were off – an initial run of a km or so followed by the first obstacle – more running – up and down and up and down and up a steep hill. This was followed by more running. After this, though, it improved enormously with a couple of mud wallows to cool off, some tyres to crawl through, an ice bath sump, and lots more obstacles, mostly water or mud – cavers’ heaven.

Worst obstacle in my opinion was probably a hands and knees crawl in mud under barbed wire – quite gritty on bare knees.

The running wasn’t bad at all. The atmosphere was relaxed and fun – the queues for obstacles meant there was no point trying for a good time.

I will definitely do this event, or similar, again… Thanks Mike. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

skyrmy
    Participant

Good report Chris – plenty of mud and a good laugh along the way, with a fine meal to cap the day off.

Glad you enjoyed it :good: :good: :good:

Scaife
    Participant

Why were you called Dickfingers?

Dunc

Did they have Tommy on the team?? :-)

skyrmy
    Participant

Why were you called Dickfingers?

What about Tommy Dickfingers? Is the full team name but it costs too much to print on T-shirts hence the lite “Team Dickfingers” moniker lol.

Did they have Tommy on the team?? :-)

Well spotted Dunc :good: :good: :good:

For those unaware, the name was taken from a classic series of out takes of Max and Paddy on Phoenix Nights

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login